Having a swimming pool in the backyard is very appealing to homeowners in the Sarasota, Long Boat Key and Lakewood Ranch area. It improves the overall look of the landscape and the perfect remedy for a hot summer afternoon. However, a pool requires regular maintenance to preserve its pristine look.
Here are some pool cleaning tips:
- Making sure the skimmer is on and keeping the surface clean of floating debris is a great first step.
- If you see large debris floating below the surface use a net instead of the automatic pool cleaner. Such objects could cause damage to the filtration system and water pump.
- Test the pH level of the water, as this is critical to keeping the pool clean. The ideal pH level is 7.4. Any pool store in the Sarasota, Long Boat Key and Lakewood Ranch area will test a water sample for free if you bring it to them.
- You may occasionally need to shock the pool which incorporates putting a considerable amount of chlorine into the water. The goal is to kill off any bacteria or algae living inside the pool.
- For saltwater pools, add salt to shock it instead of chlorine.
- Finally, test your water filter by running it for 24 straight hours as this ensures the filter can perform optimally for the entire season.